This method creates the Book Making Space in the database, chooses the theme, book title (BMS Title), article (or "chapter") title, article (or "chapter") text, and creates two prompted posts (one "postPhotoLink" for photos, and one "postCommentLink" for comments).
The name for the BMS starts out as whatever you choose for the title. The title can be changed later, but the BMS name cannot.
Related methods: bmscreate/publish
We support <h2> and <h3> and <p> tags throughout the article. (<h1> is reserved by the system for the article/chapter title.)
We support one embedded photo per paragraph in the articles. The photo will be top-aligned, and can be left/right aligned, with left-aligned as default (upon omission of the floatStyle parameter).
Specify the photo with the <img> tag, and the following custom attributes:
- copyright: copyright owner of the photo, if one exists
- owner: owner of the photo
- time: posted time of the photo (MM/DD/YY) (current time used if omitted)
- floatStyle: the horizontal alignment for the photo. Left and right are supported, left is default
- Example: <img src="http://mydomain.com/photo1.jpg" floatStyle="left" owner="My Name" />
Text following embedded photos wraps around photos that are not full width. To stop wrapping of text, follow the photo with <h3 class="stopWrapping"></h3>
This is essentially creating chapters with multiple articles in them. Each chapter has an introductory page with the chapter's title and a photo. In the table of contents of the book, the article titles within an article group will be indented. For example:
- Baby's Milestones <- Article Group
- First Steps <- Article 1
- First Words <- Article 2
Request Parameters (Required)
- apiKey: The API developer's API key.
- sessionToken: The unique session ID received from the auth/getSessionToken method on login and valid for 24 hours.
- bookTitle: This is the same as the Book Making Space title to begin, but it can be changed by the end user later.
- chapterTitle: ("Chapter" is a synonym for article in our system.) A Book Making Space has one chapter/article; enter its name here.
- chapterText: ("Chapter" is a synonym for article in our system.) A Book Making Space has one chapter/article; enter its contents here.
- signature: A signature of the other parameters. Signatures are created using your secret word and the other arguments listed in alphabetical order, (name then value).
- theme: If it is not specified, we default to the vanilla theme. Right now, vanilla is the only option, but others will be added.
Request Parameters (Optional)
- postPhotoLink: Enter text in this parameter that will prompt users to post photo replies. The postPhotoLink is a prompted post that only appears in the online book, in the form of a hyperlink that starts the posting process when a user clicks it.
- postCommentLink: Enter text in this parameter that will prompt users to post comment replies. The postCommentLink is a prompted post that only appears in the online book, in the form of a hyperlink that starts the posting process when a user clicks it.
Multiple Articles (Optional)
To create a Book Making Space with multiple articles, use the following parameters as well:
- chapterTitle[n]: Specifies the title for the nth article (e.g. chapterTitle1, chapterTitle2, etc)
- chapterText[n]: Specifies the text for the nth article (e.g. chapterText1, chapterText2, etc)
Article Grouping Related
- chapterGroup[n]: Specifies the group for the nth article (e.g. chapterGroup1=MyGroup1, chapterGroup2=MyGroup1, chapterGroup3=MyGroup1, chapterGroup4=MyGroup2, etc.)
- groupTitle[x]: Specifies the list of groups, which are also the group titles in the table of contents and chapter introductory pages (e.g. groupTitle1=MyGroup1, groupTitle2=MyGroup2, etc.)
These titles must match the values in the chapterGroup list above.
- groupPhotoUrl[x]: Specifies the URL of a photo for the xth group introduction page (e.g. groupPhotoUrl1=http://mygroup.sharedbook.com/pic.jpg, groupPhotoUrl2=http://mygroup.sharedbook.com/pic2.jpg, etc.)
Other Optional Parameters
- postCommentLink[n] specifies the post-comment link for the nth article (e.g. postCommentLink1, postCommentLink2, etc)
- postPhotoLink[n] specifies the post-photo link for the nth article (e.g. postPhotoLink1, postPhotoLink2, etc)
<bms id=[BMS_ID] />
General Error Codes
(See the Method Syntax page for details.)
Click below to view some